On Tuesday, April 25th the Buena Park City Council will be meeting to discuss expanding existing rent control, increasing fees and enforcements.
Date: Tuesday April 25, 2023
Time: 6:00 P.M.
Where: Buena Park City Hall. 6650 Beach Blvd., Buena Park, CA 90622
WHAT IS BEING PROPOSED?
- Expanding rent control to ALL rental properties in the city – including single family homes and new construction
- Conducting annual inspections
- An cost increase to $110 per unit per year
- Increasing the staff of six to10 code enforcement officers – $2m budget
- Potentially a two- year pilot program – to a possible permanent program
WHAT WE NEED TO DO!
- Show up to the meeting and support our industry on April 25th at 6:00 p.m.
- Fill out a comment card for the inspection item discussion and
- Present your case. You will have three minutes to let them know how you, as a housing provider, have already been impacted by the Covid eviction moratorium and how much money you have already lost; the limitations on rent increases, the rising costs of repairing and maintaining your building and any other information you think they should have.
- If you can’t make the meeting, send an email directly to the council members at the addresses below:
Mayor Art Brown – [email protected]
- Advertisers -
Mayor ProTem Susan Sonne – [email protected]
Councilmember Joyce Ahn – [email protected]
Councilmember Jose Trinidad Castaneda – [email protected]
Councilmember Connor Traut – [email protected]