Here’s a statement you don’t hear too often – “Wow … my landlord gave me a gift this holiday season!” Sending/giving holiday gifts once a year to your tenants (customers) promotes good will, lets them know you appreciate them, can turn bad tenants into better ones and makes it a little easier for them to…
The mainstream media was largely successful in convincing the public that the dreadful first quarter GDP number (-2.9%) was the result of the bitter winter in January and February. The media spin was that the economy would snap back strongly in the second quarter with growth of
Landlords are always concerned about safety issues in their investment property. But there is no better time than during the holidays, to remind your tenants of some basic steps they can take to keep themselves and the property they live in safe. Holiday decorations present many “opportunities” for landlords to encounter additional liability.
“Best” service, especially in the property management industry, can be deceiving because the needs and expectations of your residents are changing and evolving rapidly. In addition, your residents are comparing your apartment communities to both your competition and to best service with every company, product or service they experience. By reading this article, you will
After presenting the July seminar on estate planning for apartment owners, I had the privilege to review the estate plans of dozens of owners. The review confirmed my concern about common mistakes in estate planning by apartment owners.
Let’s face it – in this business of landlording, we certainly can run across some unusual circumstances. Many times, it’s difficult to know what to do but sometimes, we are even at a loss for words.
While many property owners are familiar with the established guidelines for owner move-in (OMI) tenancy terminations, most have limited knowledge of the rules regulating relative move-ins (RMI) pursuant to the SF Rent Ordinance. Following is an overview of the rules to ensure that you are
Three Important Steps for Building Property Management Compensation Plans © – by Ernest F. Oriente, The Coach
During the course of your professional career as a property management executive, building new compensation plans will be one of the most important projects you ever undertake. In fact, this project has the potential to be an explosive issue for your team of SuperStars and must be designed with great care. The information in this…
I often refer to landlording and managing as the 10% job that earns the other 90% of every rent dollar I collect! I have always charged 10% to manage properties, although I only do it for myself nowadays. I might just add, however; I’d be more than happy to pay any professional manager 10% of…