Happy New Year everyone! As a reminder of your benefits, listed below are of some of the newer services from last year to help support you in making your business of providing housing for others more profitable, easier and more enjoyable.
At your requests, last year, we added the below, new AOA forms for your use:
- · 100S – Applicant Screening Process – to be used as a thorough applicant screening tool for organization and record-keeping
- · 101R – Lease renewal form
- · 100GC – Guest Card – information card for new applicants
- · 106A – 90 Day Notice to Change the Terms of Tenancy – to raise rent, change terms
- · 119A – Resident Manager Monthly Time Report – always have your resident manager turn in hours worked to protect yourself from future lawsuits
- · 125 – Parking Space/Garage Rental Agreement – to be used for the specific purpose of separately renting your parking space or garage
- · 132 – Maintenance/Repair Request Form – easy tenant reporting and easier record keeping
- · 136 – Tenant Warning Notice – a courtesy notice to be used before serving a 3-Day Notice to Cure the Violation or Move-Out
- · 137 – 30-Day Notice of Intent to Vacate – to give to tenant to complete when you only receive a verbal notice that they intend to move
- · 138 – Notice for Rent to Be Paid in Cash Only – to be used only when payments are not honored by the bank, i.e. non-sufficient funds
- · 139 –Unit Inspection Report –for your use and records during the tenancy when inspecting smoke and carbon monoxide detectors and overall condition of apartment
- · 149 –Mold Addendum to Lease – for use with all new leases
Please check out these forms along with all the other available forms for your use at http://www.aoausa.com/forms
New, Improved Rental Owners Collection Agency
Start out the New Year by reporting prior tenants who owe you money to AOA’s debt reporting/collection service. Our new collection service will be happy to help you to collect the money owed to you. For a low-cost, one-time flat fee of $11.95 per person reported:
- A letter is sent to your delinquent ex-tenant requesting that they pay the outstanding debt in full.
- In that letter, they are informed that a negative credit reflecting on their credit report will be submitted to the top three national credit reporting agencies if they fail to pay.
- If they don’t pay the debt, or dispute it within 30 days, as part of the service, they will be reported to TransUnion, Experian and Equifax.
- The tenant has the opportunity to pay the debt to you in full, during the first 120 days.
- If after 120 days, they haven’t paid the debt to you, it will automatically roll over to a contingency plan at the low rate of only 38%! You will receive 62% on any money paid by the debtor! Keep in mind that 100% of nothing is still nothing! It really is a win-win situation.
- Our exclusive collection agency will start to work diligently to recover the debt on your behalf. (Tracking them down, making phone calls, etc.)
- Your ex-tenant will be forced to pay the debt or continue to be reported to all three credit bureaus.
AOA members can easily report their debts one of the following ways:
- Go to AOA’s web site at www.aoausa.com and log in to the “members only” area and complete the form under the Report Debtors tab or
- Download form #142 which is conveniently located in the forms section of the AOA web site and mail it with $11.95 for each person reported to AOA Debt Reporting at 6445 Sepulveda Blvd., Suite 300, Van Nuys, CA 91411.
Make the commitment to yourself and other fellow landlords to report your bad tenant debts to AOA as soon as they have moved out! If we all work together, we can lower the chances that someone will get stuck with your bad tenant or you will get stuck with theirs.
AOA’s Group Insurance Program
Three big concerns of apartment owners today are the rising insurance premiums, inadequate coverage limits and coverage gaps (tenant eviction, building ordinance, etc.). To help with these concerns, AOA provides our members with a group insurance program that may just save you thousands! Call (800) 827-4262 or visit www.aoausa.com/insurance for your FREE QUOTE today!
2015 FREE Seminars
Be sure to check the AOA Events Calendar in your monthly magazines to see the list of FREE seminars in your area and plan to attend some of these educational landlord seminars. AOA provides these free seminars to keep you informed on new laws, proper procedures and to help keep you out of financial trouble when dealing with tenants.
2015 Trade Show and Landording Conference
The next Million Dollar Trade Show and Landlord Conference is Thursday, May 14th, 2015 at the Long Beach Convention Center. Mark your calendars as you will want to attend the FREE seminars and see the latest in products and services from over 100 vendors!
Your Real Estate Needs
For over 30 years, AOA Commercial Brokerage has provided California apartment owners with experienced, professional Real Estate Agents to list and sell their apartment buildings. Before buying or selling, call our commercial brokerage department for a FREE analysis of your building.
AOA would like to extend gratitude to each and every one of you for your continued support, dedication and a great 2014. Best wishes for a healthy, happy, profitable and headache-free New Year. Best regards, Dan.